Three-Tone Easy Passport Holder

Well... with the upcoming summer holidays, i'm pretty sure many of us would be embarking on yet, another adventure to the huge and wonderful world out there. However, this being the modern and real world, travels can only be achieved with the use of this little book called the passport.


 passport
ˈpɑːspɔːt/
noun
  1. an official document issued by a government, certifying the holder's identity and citizenship and entitling them to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries.



So what's a passport without a passport cover that's uniquely yours? After all, the document is meant to certify a person's identity which is specific to the individual. Isn't this the perfect method to reveal your own personality?



For this easy peasy project, I used 3 different fabrics and sew them together to achieve the block coloured effect. An additional fabric in contrasting colour was used for the lining of the holder just for that surprise factor and burst of colour.

It really does not matter which one you choose, but I would recommend that you avoid using stretchy materials (such as stretch cotton) to make your life much easier.




Prior to cutting the fabric, I had already marked out the size of my passport and sewn the right faces back to back to hide the sew lines.


I apologise for the lack of instructional photos... 😓
I had (a little too) enthusiastically started on the project, and forgotten all about the documentation process. 
Do leave me a comment or message if you require help with figuring out the scientifics behind it.





To make up for the lack of step-by-step photos, I had found this really cute, easy to understand and visually appealing illustration from onr.HQ for all you crafty individuals out there. 
(Do take time to visit their blog - they have made themselves a quirky nautical themed looking passport holder with a cute metal stud.)


Just an important note:
This instructional illustration from onr.HQ uses only a single layer of fabric as compared to my lined passport holder. The method here would be simpler and slightly different from what I did. 
Do leave me a comment if you need help/tips to sew your cover the way I did.

DIYpassport-01.png


Hopefully the visuals have been helpful for all of you out there and let me know if you liked this idea. Do link me to your projects if this post was of help to you.

The best of luck!

with love,
meixii

Comments